taking flight into art, love, and life (the blog)
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Friends, we received a SUCH A GOOD question about sharing our vulnerabilities on social media (so, so much good stuff there)!! Plus, we discuss milestones in authentic living, navigating intentions when sharing on social media, and the truth about perfection. Take a listen and get a glimpse into our everyday conversations (seriously, we talk like this all the time – the giggles, the “ums”, the messing up of colloquialisms), and don't forget to send your questions to email@example.com!
Check out the episode in iTunes, and right here on my website!!
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
Love these. Perfect for decorating your tree or for stocking stuffers!!
PS - Check out new additions to the shop!!
If you prefer our traditional prints from our print shop, you're in luck. Our holidays prints are back online and available in the shop!! These are high-quality 8x10 and 8x8 prints, printed using archival inks and paper with a stunning luster finish. Available as either ready-to-frame (matted and signed), or print-only (unmatted and unsigned). Check 'em out!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS, friends!
Labels: nourish your soul
Friday, November 20, 2015
Friday, November 13
Friday, November 13, 2015
Friday, November 6
From Betsy: I’m super proud and pleased to share Kelly Rae Roberts’ art brand story on our blog today. Her interview contains beautiful reflections about her creative journey, as well as some of the most straightforward advice EVER about how to honor and respect the artists who inspire us. Kelly Rae is just as wise as she is warm and gracious, so pop on over and enjoy!
When I finally put paint onto paper, my heart + life exploded with renewed passion and joy.Read more about my story.
My Painting E-course
It's Here! It's Here! You won't want to miss it.
Click here to get all the details.
NEW 30-Day Ecourse!
Get ready for a spiritual practice, and shaking up our morning routine to include compassionate self-talk, mantras, and getting dressed in JOY.Click here to join us!
This e-book is a game changer!Click here to get all the details.
Beauty + Truth
My mission is to create beautiful, meaningful artwork that tells the truth.
product with meaning
I believe in creating home + gift products that blend beauty, function, & honesty.
Retailers, click here for wholesale info
grab a button!
my journey (in chronological order from 2006 - 2009 ) into the creative life
- the whispers of inspiration
- the beginning
- feeling my heart lift
- first attempt at girlie painting
- humble beginnings
- i've come a long way since this
- when everything changed
- finding my style
- a review of that first year
- deciding to take the leap
- selling my first item on etsy
- beginning to build a business
- launching my website
- learning to be fearless
- still working out my style
- up up and away
- my first showing
- first gallery opening
- spilling myself into a book proposal
- book proposal accepted!
- the gremlins
- a more cohesive style emerges
- working on book projects
- published in a magazine for the first time
- a trip to ohio to meet with book publisher
- quitting my day job
- where i wrote the book
- embracing my vulnerabilities
- showing at a big san fran art festival
- licensing for the first time
- on guilt + the blues
- becoming a possibilitarian
- figuring out wholeness
- on becoming
- on saying no
- on magic + beginnings
- on anxiety
- finally seeing myself
- finding my community
- book is released
- teaching for the first time
- thoughts on riding the wave
- teaching in italy
- new studio space in seattle
- creative style turning point
- pretending until we're not
- new affirmation paintings emerge
- hired an assistant
- first keynote
- national product (home + gift) line debuts with DEMDACO
- new gift line debuts with demdaco
- love is the only thing that matters
- brand new website debuts
- first ever calendars + datebooks debut!
- feeling the pressure of it all
- on getting lovebombed (again)
- figuring out how to take care of myself
- on wanting to pinch myself
- on giving my medicine to the world
- some thoughts after three years of all of this
- on expanding my biz vision after a trip to kansas
- telling the truth about hard days
- on creative expansiveness
- on staying true in biz
- 2009 year in review
The Creative/biz journey continues in chronological order (2010 - present)
atlanta gift show part two!
on being brave
decorative art girlies arrive!
cover of somerset studio magazine!
it's about capacity + connection
announced my first e-course!
got an agent and a logo!
attending surtex in nyc for the first time!
why writing a letter to myself worked magic
on what it's like to run an ecourse
expanding our personal horizons
ranking #1 in gift beat's wall art category!
on inviting abundance of all kinds
decided not to play small
ranked #1 in gftbeat's inspirational category!
two year book anniversary
hired a portland asst!
babies make their appearance in my work!
new gift products are introduced
on missing my beginner artist self
featured in 10 pg national mag
traveled to China to see where products are made
announced new home decor line!
home decor line launches
celebrated 5 years of this life
greeting cards launched
moved oinline shop out of my house
launched hello soul, hello business
savoring vs dreaming
made a huge decision about online shop